Drupal: Problem with expanded menus.  

I was facing some problem with expanded menus on my acne site, i will first descibe the problem below and then the solution.

The problem was that if I created menus with Multiple Items/Sub menus with "Expanded option" checked in menu settings then the menu will always show up in a expanded stage. So I had five menus with items all of them used to show up in a expanded state which was really a mess considering the user friendliness and the time it takes to load. If the expanded option was checked off, then the menus will not expand even if clicked or on the target page. I had this problem when I had applied the module for Global Redirect (which is otherwise a really good module for the purpose of SEO).

The solution:

The problem it turned out was that I had been giving full url in the url path of my menu, which means that if my menu was Acne Treatment, then the path I was giving was
http://www.complete-acne-treatment.com/main_acne_treatment

This seemed to have mess up the Drupal Interface.

The correct way to apply such menus with global redirect is to give the url path only as:
main_acne_treatment
and not as
http://www.complete-acne-treatment.com/main_acne_treatment.

This should correct the problem in regard to expanded menus and with global redirect.

Let me know if it helps anybody or if you are still having problem.

Tag: Drupal Problem with Expanded Menus.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comments

Post a Comment