Now Typo 3 Installation Problem: failed to open stream: Permission denied  

I have also taken up to experiment typo3 CMS on my new site How to build muscles faster. The moment i installed it it ran into problems, I dont think that with that kind of installation and with no proper installation guide this CMS is for amateur users for technically faint hearted. The problem was the errors it gave.

Warning: fopen(/wwwroot/typo3conf/localconf.php):
failed to open stream: Permission denied in wwwroot/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php on line 1230

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /wwwroot/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php:1230) in wwwroot/t3lib/class.t3lib_install.php on line 1786

( the error file names or directory may be slightly different in your casE)

It boggled me initially but finally got thru it.
The solution to this installation problem in typo3 is
1) change the permission on /t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php to 777
2) change the permission on /t3lib/class.t3lib_install.php to 777
3) change the permission on /typo3 (directory) to 777
4) change the permission on /t3lib (directory) to 777
4) change the permission on /typo3conf(directory) to 777

Well that seems to have fixed the problem. I am still trying to understand which of these files/directory is the one that was causing problem. But this typo3 installation problem is resolved as of now.

I hope it helps.

My latest experiment: Can I thrive on ads ;)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment